Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fandom Crossword Puzzles

In the works: A week-long celebration of fandom, in the form of five original crossword puzzles.

Because someone thought it was a good idea, and I agreed.

So, here’s the question: Which five fan groups should I celebrate?

There’s no argument that Sherlock Holmes fans comprised the first modern fandom, while fans of Harry Potter and Twilight are among the most enthusiastic. If I choose Star Wars, I risk alienating (no pun intended) the Trekkies, and quite possibly the Browncoats. Whovians may be upset if I choose the Lord of the Rings over Doctor Who, and then there’s Bond-James-Bond fans, not to mention the supporters of all things anime. DC Comics or Marvel? That’s another pickle.

Clearly, there’s only one thing I can do: let the fans decide. You have one week.

I will construct crossword puzzles for the most demanding five groups of fans, and will share them on my website beginning on January 21.

No comments: