Saturday, August 17, 2013

Why My Puzzles Are Free To Share

If you've ever downloaded or printed a StearsWords crossword puzzle, you may have noticed there's no copyright warning on them. It's intentional.

I want people to share my crosswords. If you like them, send copies to your friends. If you really like them, collect them in a .zip file and send copies of all them to all of your friends. And if they like them, they're welcome to send copies to all their friends, too. That's what free is all about.

In a month or so, I'll start putting collections on my website that anyone can buy, and I guarantee they'll be affordable. I'll also guarantee that you won't see a copyright warning on any of them, and that I'll never legally pursue anyone for sharing them. You can safely buy any StearsWords crossword puzzle collection and forward them to every single person you know, and I hope you will.

If you have a business, and you see a StearsWords crossword puzzle you think might help you promote it, feel free to print it out and share it with your customers, or include it in your newsletter or mass emails. If you're a member of a fan club, and you want to share one of my famous Crossword Spectacular puzzles, go for it! If you liked it, chances are, they'll like it, too. If you publish any kind of  newspaper or newsletter, and you want to add a crossword puzzle to it, feel free to use one of mine.

Oh, sure, you could download them and then try to sell them, but I think you're better than that.

I trust you.

Happy solving!

No comments: