Sunday, November 24, 2013

Dystopia

The biggest movie this week is the "Hunger Games" sequel, "Catching Fire." My daughter loved those books, and after hearing her talk about them, I just had to check them out myself. Unlike the time I checked out the "Twilight" series, the "Hunger Games" books were a pleasant surprise. Yes, they're Young Adult books, but that doesn't mean they're not enjoyable.
This week's featured StearsWords crossword puzzle is a salute to dystopian futures in literature. So, hide your books and grab a dose of Soma. There are so many dystopian futures, this week's puzzle is extra large.
Next week: A new contest! I'm doing some Christmas shopping for a few lucky fans. If you know someone who would love a copy of "StearsWords: Volume 1," all you (or someone you know) has to do is send me an email telling me why your friend or family member deserves a free crossword puzzle book. The contest starts on Thanksgiving, and ends on December 15.
On December 21, in honor of the 100th anniversary of the modern crossword puzzle, I will offer 100 themed crossword puzzles for only $1. But Team StearsWords members will receive it free! Tell your friends. Everyone loves freebies.

Meanwhile, there's a puzzle to be solved! May the odds be ever in your favor...


  • Click here to see the answer grid. *Check back on Friday, November 29 for the answer grid.

No comments: