Sunday, November 3, 2013

Stephen King Trivia Challenge

Is it still Halloween? There are still Halloween parties going on this weekend, so this week's featured StearsWords crossword puzzle is a tribute to the King of Horror: Stephen King.

What kind of poster did Andy Dufresne have in his cell? Where did Gage and Church come back to life? What was The Kid's favorite beer? What did "Gard" Gardner do for a living?
Stephen King has been giving me the heebie-jeebies since high school, and I'm looking forward to reading his latest novel, Doctor Sleep, the sequel to The Shining.

My first foray into the mind of Stephen King was Carrie, which I read in high school. Next up, Salem's Lot made it impossible for me to visit my friends after dark. But my all-time favorite Stephen King book is The Stand, and it was the first book in which I ever found a mistake. In the first edition, Harold Lauder leaves a chocolate thumbprint in Frannie's diary after eating a Payday candy bar. As someone who's allergic to chocolate, I'm well aware that Paydays are not chocolate; they are peanuts and caramel, and one of the few candy bars I can actually eat. 



  • Click here to see the answer grid. *Check back on Friday, November 8 for the answer grid.

No comments: